Instrument panel light "GATE OPEN" ????

Does this light indicate that my tailgate is open?

Knowing what kind of vehicle you're talking about would help...
Sorry about that, It's a 1988 ram 1500 Pickup. Cute little truck but I've had it for about a year and have only driven it 30 days or so. I loved it when it did run. 3.9 SMEC. I even got a service manual for it. I think I keep it around because it's such a , well I guess I don't really know except I'm. Never mind....... First time posting on this or any board..

'88? They didn't go to the four-digit model numbering until '94. If it's really an '88, then it's either a D-150 or a W-150.

I don't have a real answer for you with the exception of the "gate open" message is a Ramcharger thing. I have no idea why a D-150 has a bulb or wiring in that spot. It would be interesting to find out why it does, but I think if I were you, I'd just yank the bulb.

dunno.. look back and check it... IS it open? What type of (hopefully) dodge are you driving??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
88 d150 w/3.9 and auto. No it's not open.But right after it started running bad, or not running good I noticed the light on?
Waste Gate?