Interchangeable Parts

To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88
Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all interchangeable.
Is there a book or manual (either in print, online or on CD-ROM) that lists interchangeable parts?
Thanks!
Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
If you look on advance auto parts website, they generally have a list of the different models a part will fit.You can drill down to this list after looking up individual parts.

Thanks!

Hollander interchange manuals most wrecking yards have them
sqdancerLynn wrote:

You can buy your own, but they are darn expensive.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Thanks!