Interior LIghts Stay On 99 Ram CTD Quad Cab

Hi All!
Electrical problems just keep happening with this unit.
Had it stored over the winter ... both batteries went dead and sulphated. Put in new batteries ... both went dead in about 3 days. Traced that
problem to connector body under the seat shorting. Repaired.
Next the wipers wouldn't work ... checked fuses etc. After a couple of days they started working again on their own???
Now the interior lights stay on and can't be shut off ... anyone traced this problem? Removed and tested both door switches .. they are OK. Unit has overhead console with two map lights. They stay on, the interior light stays on, the key escutcheon light stays on. Anyone had a similar situation and resolved it?
TIA
Fred

First thing I'd do is pull the headlamp switch, and disconnect it, to make sure it's not the switch itself. Pull the dash bezel off (no screws on a '99 - just pull it straight back), then remove the screws holding the headlamp switch in. Disconnect the wiring harness from the switch, and see if the lights remain on.
Well, okay - the VERY first thing I'd do is fiddle with the switch... I believe it's a roller switch on the '99s? Click it on and off a few times, then if no luck, pull the switch.
Will give that a try Tom ... thanks.
Fred

Fearless Fred wrote:

Make sure the dash brightness dial isn't all the way on.