IR thermometer uses

Thought a brake was hanging up. Got out, and dig the laser aimed IR thermometer out of my tool box. Go around and check the temps of the brakes, to find the one running hot.

Other use -- read a thermostat on top of the motor. Find what temp the thermostat maintains.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Haul the trailer down the road, when you stop for a break, check the temps of your tires. They all should be pretty close. If any one of them is much higher, it is probably because it has less tire pressure. Check pressure on that tire.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

You could also use it to see if pipes in the radiator are clogged. What is the unit's resolution and if I may ask how much did it cost?

Reply to
Ed H.

I might get one sometime, but I'm old. I'm used to touching the axle hub with my hand and the tire with my forearm to compare temps. If I get hot I know I've got a problem. If I get burned, I've got two problems ;-)

Reply to
BigIronRam