Is English becoming a second language in America?

Page 4 of 4

A typo of an S for a D pales by your following statement:
No but if I were, I would ensure that self rightous, pompus asses like you don't own computers or guns!

self rightous pompus
Congratulations on getting "ensure" right, though? Is that one of your new spelling words this week?
Steve

Oh but it is a "mistake" that is "allowed" by you but no one else can make them. This is the crux of this situation, not the fact that a mistake was made by anyone, but that you attacked some one for making an incomplete statement (at least as you saw it) than you went on to do the same very thing. Yet, when you were called on it (very politely I might add unlike the manner in which you did) you retreated with tucked tail and started on the spelling, grammar and math skills of others.
Ironically enough, you STILL have not explained why you felt it necessary to jump in and attack the way you did. Is it because you are trying to defend Snoman? Against what? There is a HUGE difference between he and I, first my post was not in direct reply to someone asking a question or seeking help as where he has a habit of doing so with useless information. Would you like examples? Second when I do reply directly to someone in need of help the information I provide is not detrimental or harmful as where his on many (though not all cases) is. Again would you like examples?
Again Steve, what exactly is it that popped your cork about my post, other than I omitted either SIG or MAGNUM? What is so ungodly hard about explaining your actions?
What is so ungodly hard about

IIRC, the whole thing started with your statements about jumping up in the middle of the dark and stormy night and shooting at every movement and sound with your ".357". And then, I took exception of that from a safety standpoint, and we were off to the races from there.
Did you get it that time, Pookie?
Steve
Yeah...I know. Was jsut giving you a hard time is all.
(you like that "jsut" up there?)
Laszlo Almasi
With all the millions illegal aliens and million of immigrants, in addition to workers with visas the US government is allowing into the US from every single third world country each year, YES.

I'm even more amazed at the poor reading and comprehension skills of you (SteveB.).

Comprehension is tough for you, isn't it? Not only is it important to state your thoughts in a clear, concise manner, it's also important to understand what others say to you, regardless of your perception of their short comings.

This is a paradox. Either they have intellectual potential (as I believe) or they are "dumber than a Q-tip." Though I would place you in the latter.

Given your posts in the "guns on campus" thread, this is a hoot.

By this I assume you mean your "rest stop" buddies in the afformentioned "Guns on campus" thread.

Another hoot, son.

Hoot, hoot.

Hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, ad infinitum.
Ed H. wrote:

The "skills of you" huh?

How short are your comings, Ed? Ever get them past your shoes?

Ah, you see "they" as one cohesive group, a group which must be either/or.
Though I would place you in the latter.
The latter what? Group? Where did that paradox go?

hoot
Don't make giggly assumptions so based on someone else's giggly remarks, say something real here. Try.

hoot
hoot
Great work, Ed.
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

Egad, I really embarrased my self with that one. Composition was another area in school in which I was weak and I've worked to correct it ever since. After a few adult beverages on a Friday night I sometimes slip into my old habits.

After re-reading Steve's remarks I see what he means. Sometimes my comprehension is flawed too. At least I can admit it. Therefore, I retract my "paradox" statement.

Thank you Beryl for taking the time to correct my mistakes.
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:27:39 -0700, "Steve B"

Actually, I did quite poorly with English during my school days, and I haven't suffered an ounce of consequence for it. Do I spell every word in my posts correctly? the answer to that would be an emphatic NO. Do I go out of my way to? again, NO!
I work for a very secure company, I make top wages in my field, and the future for my family and I is secure. Have I attended any schools? NONE! Everything I know is via hands on. Intelligent people don't need college, trade schools, or anything else of that nature to be intelligent productive members of society making good wages and worrying about the security of their jobs. So what if they use chatroom shorthand?? BIG WHOOP!! we're all guilty of it. Like the other posters have said. It's all in the way they lay out the description of their problems. Quit knitpicking and do something more constructive with your perfect punctuation!!
I've seen people in high paying positions who can't distinguish the difference between many English words, and yet there they are with all of their education constantly making spelling errors in company literature. Does it make them dumb as a box of Q-Tips? NO.
All You have managed to do is point out your own ignorance to what real intelligence is all about. This country wouldn't function if not for the C average English using population. Be thankful we're here... We keep your shit running for you because You're incapable of doing it for yourself.
-
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 02:14:17 -0400, Roger Rabbid

I fergitted da dayum spellered cheeker thingermahjiggy.
Shame on me!

-

Your post was most eloquent. I just have trouble giving any credibility to someone who writes something like, "their are two many trucks inn the road", and doesn't have a clue they made a mistake.
Steve

As a former tradesman, I agree with you. There's the guys who sit around and talk about it and plan it and plot it, then there's the guys who get out there and get it done.
I'm sorry you were unable to grasp my post. What I said is that it is sad to accept unacceptable behavior and to foster it by not seeking for a higher standard. To wit: even azidiot's posts have come up a noticeable notch in his use of English since this thread started. He is using upper case letters to start sentences, and using more punctuation. He is spelling better, and I can't say if that is because he is watching what he posts more, or just turned on the spell checker. HE IS MAKING MORE SENSE. Before, he looked like a crackhead with a typewriter. Now he is looking better. And I think it's because he's just thinking a little more.
I am glad you are successful. I have known many successful men who were lacking in skills. Yet, in today's world, those people are becoming rarer and rarer. And many times, I see that people hit the "glass ceiling" when moving up in a company because of their skill levels which prevent them from going any farther. And almost always, the position goes to a younger better educated person.
Steve
youll like this
GO FUCK YOURSELF DOUCHEBAG
Ya know, at least I have enough "respect" for a lowlife, self righteous pompous ass to use his "proper" screen name. To bad that at the age of 58 you don't have the same respect.

Silly lil boy , the following is from one of your posts:
He doesn't know what the hell he is talking about Roy, his head is too far up Snotard ass to hear, read, or write in a manner that every one else can understand. About the only thing that we could all understand and slightly agree on was we were all sick of the Bible thumping. Talk about double standards. Now if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
So does it really matter?

Just as long as you have the correct letters at the beginning and end of a word, the letters in the middle are in the correctly spelled word and it's a word that the adult reading it has seen before. Still that is a pretty amazing phenomenon.

Scuh a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed 'Typoglycemia' .

OMG...is there a prescription drug for this?

It only matter in the areas of perception and credibility. People who speak in dialects, like street talk, and expect others to do the same and to be able to understand are perceived as what they are, and are given very little credibility.
So yes, we can understand what's being said. It's just so much nonverbal information is also given.
Steve