It has Happened!!

Page 2 of 2

Walter Reed is not a VA hosp.

LOL, complete crap.

TBone wrote:

What you call crap is a large part of the problem. Socialized medicine does not provide a driving force to improve. It would be nice if that weren't the case but reality isn't crap. Socialized medicine does not work anywhere in the world it's been tried. At best they have to rely on the massive $'s poured into R&D from the USA rather than contribute anywheres near the same level to keep improving. Take that away and the impact will be felt here as well as abroad. Like it or not, money is what drives the industry to improve itself.

Miles, Walter Reed is not a VA med center. Granted your statement about the VA med center is correct.
I don't get it. Did this guy drive a Dodge?

I have a feeling that you may shortly. Oh, yup he drives a Dodge!

Oh man! Be nice all! To the OP as a FYI this being an un-moderated group we can/do and will talk about ANYTHING we desire, but will not ignore you when you ask a question. (unless you post as a net nanny would)
You are correct. It is a start. For now it looks like a typical military(Gov.) solution. Let A head roll and hope that quites the nay sayers. Get a new top brass and see if the team does better.
| You are correct. It is a start. For now it looks like a typical | military(Gov.) solution. Let A head roll and hope that quites the nay | sayers. Get a new top brass and see if the team does better. |
More than one head has rolled over this sorry finding. The hospital CG, his replacement who lasted 24 hours or so, and the Secy of the Army. All gone, gone. But what exactly is new about this exposure?
This crap has been going on all of my life; all 75 years of it. People serve, whether volunteers or draftees, do the (sometimes miserable) job the country expects and demands of them, come back home wounded, sick or disabled, and they are shuffled under the rug. This country Does Not Like To Care For Veterans!
--

PcolaPhil
US Army (Ret)