Lifetime Warranty!!

Page 1 of 2  
In a webcast announcement today, Tom LaSorda announced that effective today all new '06, '07 and '08 new Chrysler vehicles sold at retail will be covered by a lifetime full powertrain warranty. Diesels and SRT's are
excluded. More details as they become available....
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

But only the ones sold after 11:00am today have the new warrenty... The guys that had their paperwork sent at 10am got screwed.......
Denny
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yabbut, I'm sure if they bitch, DC will extend it for the whole day.....
MIke

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No diesels or SRT's? There just might be a message there.
Roy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Roy wrote:

Manufactures increase warranties to increase sales. Most likely they don't need the new warranty as an incentive for diesels and SRT's.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
More like they don't want to deal with the high rate of return knowing that these vehicles deal with much more abuse than the others and are far more likely to break down.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

I tend to think the higher sales of the diesel trucks is why no increased incentive is needed. They sell quite well already. No need for large incentives.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
If it were only the diesels I would agree with you but when you look at the complete list of ineligible vehicles, it says something very different.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Which vehicles are you specifically referring to that are not included in the warranty program and have lower sales and/or higher repair incidents?
The warranty excludes the SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter and Ram Chassis Cabs and some fleet/utility vehicles.
The Diesel trucks sell very well and have no need for increased incentives. Same with the Sprinter vans. They are selling like crazy. The SRT's are limited availability and rarely have had much in the way of incentives (large rebates etc.)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

the
incidents?
Just about all of them with the possible exception of the diesel PU's.

Which is exactly my point. The SRT, Ram Chassis, and all of the fleet vehicles are usually subject to far more wear and tear than the standard vehicle and some are simply subject to abuse. IIRC, the sprinter comes with a diesel which is why it is not included.

You are kidding, right?!?!?!? I have yet to see a single sprinter on the road around here, why would they not want to sell more of them? As for the diesel trucks, again, why would they not want to sell more of them? The fact is that it's not that they don't want to sell more, they don't want to pay the $$$$$$ to repair a diesel.

They also tend to be abused and also cost $$$$$ to repair. Then they excluded just about every type of fleet vehicle which also points to cost of repair and don't even try and say that they don't want to increase fleet sales as that makes the factory big $$$$$.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Depends on your area. Around here Sprinters are everywhere. Heavily used for cargo couriers and resort shuttles. Dealers can't keep them in stock and have backlogs of orders.

Tell me TBone, why is there no rebate for the SRT8, Sprinter or Cab Chassis Diesel, which are all excluded from this warranty program. No rebates because of high repair costs???
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

the
Which is again my point. As you said, they are primarly used for commercial purposes and as such, will get much more wear and tear and mileage per year than a typical private use vehicle. The dealers here don't stock them because they don't sell, are kinda ugly, and somewhat expensive.

cost of

How exactly does cost of repair apply to what gets a rebate? Oh, that's right, it doesn't so what exactly is your point? I can bet that fleet purchases get a discount and they are not covered either so how exactly does a rebate or discount apply to warranty coverage. Oh, that's right, once again it doesn't so what exactly is your point? Oh, that's right, you don't have one and just like to argue. While you are correct that this new warranty is set up to boost sales, you are incorrect and foolish to think that the vehicles excluded from this warranty are excluded because they are selling enough of them already. That is just too funny. They are excluded because the cost to cover them with this warranty would exceed the increased revenue from the added sales it could create.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

If they were having trouble selling then they would offer rebates and/or warranties. They offer neither. Your logic may apply to warranties but NOT rebates. Therefore your logic is flawed as the Sprinter has not had much in the way of rebates. They sell plenty as is.

Exactly TBone. You seem to believe that the lack of warranties on certain vehicles is because those vehicles are higher repairs and Dodge doesn't want to pay the repair costs. Your logic fails because those EXACT same vehicles are also excluded from rebates. Both of which are tools manufactures use to increase sales and are excluded on vehicles that are already selling well.

Your logic fails because those same vehicles also lack rebates where as all the ones with the warranty also have good rebates. If their sales were poor then they would have rebates comparable to other vehicles. They don't. Coincidence that the vehicles with little to no rebates are the ones that are excluded?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's not what I seem to believe Miles, it is what it is. The fact that they stated fleet and commercial vehicles being excluded regardless of which ones says it all, regardless of your ignorance.

The sad thing is that rebates have nothing to do with warranties so the only logic failing here is yours. The ones that are excluded from the rebates are typically used in fleet and commercial applications anyway. Now that you mention it, the Diesel Rams at the Dodge dealer by me are carrying some rebates and are not covered by this warranty.

Once again, you talk out of your ass. Why would any vehicle that could get an increase in sales be excluded with the exception of limited production vehicles. The only reason is the COST and these vehicles are excluded for no other reason than the cost to cover them would exceed the increased revenue from the sales increase, IOW, it would cost way to much to do it..

think
are
LOL, sorry miles but once again, your logic fails! If I were to buy three of these vehicles with the good rebates and then use them for my new business which lets say is a taxi service, would I still get the lifetime power train warranty? The answer is no because they would be considered FLEET VEHICLES and fleet vehicles are not covered by it.

vehicles.
Pretty much because even the vehicles that normally would be covered under private use are not if the vehicle is used for fleet or commercial use. The ones that are not covered at all are not because they are typically pushed harder or subject to more abuse than the other vehicles they sell and will probably require much more service work over a much shorter period of time. Sorry Miles, but as usual, your arguments hold no water. Even your own points support me more than you such as with the Sprinter. It makes absolutely no sense at all not to cover vehicles because they are selling well because all that would do is significantly reduce those sales and do it for no reason at all. You can continue arguing and making yourself look like an idiot but I'm done here.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Except your logic is flawed. If it was just high repairs then there would be rebates. They have neither the rebates nor the warranty on the vehicles in question. Fleet sales are already discounted and need no further.

u Both are used to increase sales. Its not just a coincidence that the vehicles excluded from the warranty are also the exact same vehicles that lack rebates.

What are you talking about TBone? With your absurd logic manufactures should increase rebates and warranties on ALL vehicles in order to increase sales. You're not a businessman are you?

Thats because they are already selling quite well and you're right. An extra warranty would not increase sales sufficiently on a vehicle thats already selling well. The exact same reason rebates are low or non existant on the same vehicles.

And you would pay considerably less through fleet sales. Already discounted. However, if you purchased them at normal retail pricing then yes, you would get the warranty regardless of how its used.

That makes no sense at all. If something is in high demand and selling well then a manufacture is not going to lower the price through rebates nor offer increased warranties. In essense the price goes up, not down. You're not in business are you? Too funny! Anyways, Glad you're done.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Enough already!! The Lifetime warranty is designed to do only one thing..... drive "consumer" sales. Warranty costs have little or nothing to do with the decision.
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Simmons wrote:

Yep! Same thing with rebates.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Woohoo, how long is this going to last? My wife just got hit head on in our Town and Country and I need to replace it. At 35K that will be 'added value'!
The old Town and Country took a 60+ mile per hour full front end hit, wife was going 35 but the kid that hit her was doing 60+, all the damage was limited to the front end. Knocked the engine backwards 30 inches, drove the drivers side front wheel back a bit over 2 ft and trashed the tranny. The doors still open and close as well as they did before the accident! No encroachment on the passenger compartment at all! The wife's only injury was caused by the airbag, which shattered the 5th metacarple in her left hand into 5 pieces. She required surgery to repair and will require 6 to 12 months of therapy after the cast comes off.
I was very impressed with the way the van took the hit and will not go with another maker's vehicle after this, though I do think I'll pull the plug on the airbag, my wife is only 5'4 and wears her seat belt habitually. She would have had no injurys other than the seat belt tan line had she not had an airbag. I also don't know if that hand could survive another hit like that if it ever occured again. With all the cell phone users out there, not to mention the drugs and alchol, the odds are she will have another. This one was cell phone related, kid that hit her had dropped his and was picking it up out of the floor when he crossed the yellow line.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Simmons wrote:

I heard back in the early '90's that Cummins told Dodge they would offer a 300,000 mile / 30 year warranty on the engine if Dodge would match the offer for the rest of the truck. I guess DC doesn't want to take Cummins up on the offer, either.
--
Ken



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Pretty straightforward really.....
covers the "original" purchaser who takes delivery on or after 7/26... not transferable, even to another family member or business
excluded vehicles are diesels, SRT's, cab&chassis vehicles, rental, government, postal, police, ambulance, taxi, limo, and tight-assed beekeeps residing in the State of Maryland.
covers engine block and all internal parts, cylinder heads, timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets, vibration damper, oil pump, water pump and housing, intake and exhaust manifolds, flywheel and starter ring gear, freeze plugs, valve covers, oil pan, turbocharger and internal parts, turbo wastgate actuator, supercharger, serpentine belt tensioner and seals and gaskets for above components. transmission case and all internal parts, torque converter, flex plate, range switch, TCM, bell housing, oil pan and seals and gaskets for above.
FWD transaxle case, axle shaft assemblies, cv joints and boots, diff cover, oil pan, speed sensors, shift solenoid, PRNDL switch, TCM, torque converter and seals and gaskets for above
AWD, PTU and all internal parts, viscous coupler, axle housing and all internal parts, cv joints and boots, output bearing, vacuum motor, torque tube seals and gaskets for above
RWD, axle housing and all internal parts, axle shafts, shaft bearings, drive shaft, center bearing, u-joints and yokes, seals and gaskets for above
4WD, transfer case and internal parts, TCCM and shift motirs, axle shafts, bearings, drive shafts, center bearing, u-joints and yokes, seals and gaskets
In the interest of brevity, I have omitted some of the minor components
All in all, a pretty good deal... BTW, no time limit has been specified for this program
Mike

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.