Lifetime Warranty!!

It's not what I seem to believe Miles, it is what it is. The fact that they stated fleet and commercial vehicles being excluded regardless of which ones says it all, regardless of your ignorance.

The sad thing is that rebates have nothing to do with warranties so the only logic failing here is yours. The ones that are excluded from the rebates are typically used in fleet and commercial applications anyway. Now that you mention it, the Diesel Rams at the Dodge dealer by me are carrying some rebates and are not covered by this warranty.

Once again, you talk out of your ass. Why would any vehicle that could get an increase in sales be excluded with the exception of limited production vehicles. The only reason is the COST and these vehicles are excluded for no other reason than the cost to cover them would exceed the increased revenue from the sales increase, IOW, it would cost way to much to do it..

LOL, sorry miles but once again, your logic fails! If I were to buy three of these vehicles with the good rebates and then use them for my new business which lets say is a taxi service, would I still get the lifetime power train warranty? The answer is no because they would be considered FLEET VEHICLES and fleet vehicles are not covered by it.

Pretty much because even the vehicles that normally would be covered under private use are not if the vehicle is used for fleet or commercial use. The ones that are not covered at all are not because they are typically pushed harder or subject to more abuse than the other vehicles they sell and will probably require much more service work over a much shorter period of time. Sorry Miles, but as usual, your arguments hold no water. Even your own points support me more than you such as with the Sprinter. It makes absolutely no sense at all not to cover vehicles because they are selling well because all that would do is significantly reduce those sales and do it for no reason at all. You can continue arguing and making yourself look like an idiot but I'm done here.

Reply to
TBone

Except your logic is flawed. If it was just high repairs then there would be rebates. They have neither the rebates nor the warranty on the vehicles in question. Fleet sales are already discounted and need no further.

u Both are used to increase sales. Its not just a coincidence that the vehicles excluded from the warranty are also the exact same vehicles that lack rebates.

What are you talking about TBone? With your absurd logic manufactures should increase rebates and warranties on ALL vehicles in order to increase sales. You're not a businessman are you?

Thats because they are already selling quite well and you're right. An extra warranty would not increase sales sufficiently on a vehicle thats already selling well. The exact same reason rebates are low or non existant on the same vehicles.

And you would pay considerably less through fleet sales. Already discounted. However, if you purchased them at normal retail pricing then yes, you would get the warranty regardless of how its used.

That makes no sense at all. If something is in high demand and selling well then a manufacture is not going to lower the price through rebates nor offer increased warranties. In essense the price goes up, not down. You're not in business are you? Too funny! Anyways, Glad you're done.

Reply to
miles

In responce to Mike Simmons 's post. I thought everyone should know:

UH lots of arguments as to why they are doing this incentive. witch for the end consumer will be a good deal. but what about the line mechanic?? you realize that they will probably cut labor rates again on covered items? like the engine/driveline man isn't already getting screwed under warranty rates as is?

hmmm wonder if i'm the only one that thought of that?

*tink* (ya know what that is, right Mike?)
Reply to
Chris Thompson

yup! heard it many times...

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Enough already!! The Lifetime warranty is designed to do only one thing..... drive "consumer" sales. Warranty costs have little or nothing to do with the decision.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Yep! Same thing with rebates.