Lift Pump and Injector Pump

This is about the Lift Pump and Injector Pump on my '03 CTD HO. I don't have a FP gauge installed as yet and I have ~72 thousand miles so far. Power isn't what it used to be, but I can still haul a 5th wheel up the
hill... just takes longer.
If the LP is shot, or going, the IP is soon to follow as far as I've read. Two questions come up.
First, if the LP is shot, how long till the IP goes out? Depends on driving habits? I drive <40 miles to work, mostly freeway, a couple of good grades, same on the way home. I tow ~7500# once a month or so. Does the IP go out within a few miles? days? weeks? unpredictable?
Second question is a bit more involved. If I take a dead CTD to the dealer and they find the LP and IP dead, which is warranteed? Here is why I ask...
In the Warranty book, under Fed Emission Warranty - Heavy Duty Truck, it states a Heavy Duty (HD) truck has a rating of 10,000lbs GVW and an M in the 4th position of the Truck ID number (VIN I assume?) or a 5, 6, 7 or W in the 8th position. Mine has neither. My Window Sticker (saved it) states that this truck is a Heavy Duty truck as do the tailgate badging. What's up with that? Is it a HD or not?
Under Fed Emission Warrantee, the "electronic fuel injection system" is covered to 5 years/100,000 miles. What defines the system? Is it from fuel cap to injector or from IP to injector?
What is covered under CA Emission Warranty if this truck was originally sold in OR (CA sold no HO CTD's in '03) then purchased used in CA.
In the DC 7/100 Warranty, the IP and Injectors are covered, but it doesn't seem to include the LP.
So, now a third question. If my CTD dies, and I tow it home and replace the LP myself, then tow it to the dealer, will they cover the dead IP?
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

Not so much with the CP3 pump, as it's capable of pulling fuel (as it does in the Duramax). However, pulling fuel directly from a tank is easier than pulling it through a non-functioning lift pump.

That shouldn't even be a consideration. Find out NOW if the LP is working or not. It's easy to do. Put a catch can underneath the clear drain tube coming off the filter canister. Open the yellow drain valve, and bump the starter (just blib the key to the start position for a fraction of a second). This will activate the lift pump, and if it's operating, you'll get a steady stream of fuel out of the drain hose. If operating properly, you'll get about a quart (or more) of fuel out, so plan your catch can accordingly.

Both are covered under the 5yr/100K engine warranty.

It does.

So long as they don't see an aftermarket fuel pump there, yes.