Lift Pump Change?

My neighbor, who also has a 2001 Ram CTD, tells me that the original Lift Pumps are no longer available.
He says that the only replacement is a kit with in-tank pump, level
float and blanking block threaded to bypass the original pump, etc.
Also, the bed must be lifted or the tank dropped for pump replacement.
True?
Rick

Yes, all true.
Yofuri wrote:

I bought a replacement lift pump last fall and replaced the old one with it. I had a fuel pressure guage put in and it was reading no higher than 5 psi at idle and as low as 1 psi under light load.
Apparently Car Quest had a replacement pump that was very close but the wiring harness was a little different, and it required a change in the wiring, NABD.
Maybe they finally discontinued those?
Charles