Lights and wipers going goofy

Last week I posted about my gauges and lights acting up and someone suggested a bad ground. I cleaned my battery contacts and ran a new negative cable from the battery to the motor and chassis. Now when I turn on my
headlights the wipers go on and the left turn signal stays on solid. What the heck? Should I sprinkle with holy water and exercise it? Bob