location of mechanical oil pressure gauge

I own a 2003 2500 ext van with a 5.2 litre that after a few minutes the alarm and oil pressure factory gauge sayes that i have no oil pressure.Does any one know where to hook up a oil pressure mechanical
guage so i can determine if i do have oil pressure or not. thanks for your time.
I think the oil pressure sending unit screws into the block at the rear, just next to the distributor. You might try that first. HTH, Lee
dafulmonty wrote:

dafulmonty wrote:

I have a Ram with the 5.2L. The sending unit is Located on the Passenger side of the distb. cap. Thats the only place of i know of to hook the guage up.
dafulmonty wrote:

I have a Ram with the 5.2L. The oil sending unit is located on the Passenger side of the distb cap, kinda down in a hole.
Brian
dafulmonty wrote:

Unless you hear the engine clattering like mad at idle your oil pressure is fine - all you need is a new sender, a very typical issue.
Unless you're just dying to test out your oil pressure meter :)
JS