Look! Denny made it into a geeky comic!

Page 2 of 3
I've been better than I have in a long time, my old friend.
We sold our mobile home in Utah last spring and part of the purchase price was covered with a 1981 26' Establishment RV with a 440 under the hood and
21,000 miles on the odometer.
Getting the old beast ready for the road ( Thermo-Quad rebuild, 3 new U-joints, center bearing, replacing a damaged locator pin in the right rear hub, tune up, oil change, lube, backyard front end alignment [just way out of adjustment, no worn out ball joints], holding tank / plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, building a new dinette / bunk, and such, worked 60 pounds off me, down to 235 and I'm feeling great.
We hauled a fully loaded 6X12 U-Haul with it and climbed 11.000+ foot Monarch pass in low range without breathing hard or getting hot.
My eldest son towed a 4X8 trailer back with the old D-150 I used to have and I've bought an 80 D-150 (225 /6, NP-435 trans, and Sure-grip) for myself (barely ran when bought for $700, gets about 21 mpg, runs great after some TLC).
Now I'm trying to pick out a small Chrysler Corp vehicle that can used as a toad without costing a bunch to set up.
The Cushman is down for an overhaul as I had my eldest son put the rings on the piston for me and he put the wrong rings on and I found it had close to a 0.250 ring gap the other day when I tore the engine down again. Unfortunately, I had told him to toss the other set in the trash and they were gone by the time the mistake was discovered. But on the other hand, Moab was clear of mosquitoes most of the summer after the first test ride. VBG
How are you and yours doing?
Budd

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:42:40 -0700, "Budd Cochran"

We're doing great, Budd.. Been living in Baja for over a year now and loving it..
Are you going to be a full-time RV'er now, or just doing some traveling?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Just traveling, not far and probably only a few times a year ... at least that's the agenda until I win the Powerball.
The RV was a surprise blessing of sorts as we hadn't even put our Moab mobile in the newspaper when a friend of ours asked my wife if we were selling our place. Then they were having some difficulty meeting our price and happened to mention they could sell an RV they had.
We offered to take the RV as part payment as I figured it could tow a large trailer better than the 79 D-150 (which is starting show a bit of wear again) that my son had and since I had to sell the Lebaron (never did get that A-604 trans figured out, and a new computer for it was too expensive), I needed wheels, man! Plus, it gave us a place to crash for the night on the road.
Budd
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:16:52 -0700, "Budd Cochran"

Cool.. we used our trailer for a few years, going to rv parks and visiting family.. It's in it's 2nd life now as a guest house.. We built the house in an "RV Friendly" area and since the house is only 2 bedroom, 2 bath, it's nice to have the trailer outside on a full hookup.. especially for visits from grand kids..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That's an idea.
If this property we're living in becomes available on the market again, I'd tear down the house and garage ( without access because the driveway was sold to the neighbor!!!!), live in the RV and put in a kit or modular house with a foundation under it that won't wash away if the irrigation ditch on the east side overflows.
Our only concern about trying it is the RV was originally purchased in Southern California and may not have a lot of insulation
But I'm also considering starting a movement in America (everyone's welcome to join in) to end amortized loans on properties. In Colorado, at least, they are not required by law, and serve only to hide the fact that you are really paying huge percentages (double digit percentages!!!) factored up front long before you make a significant dent in the principal. Run a figure for a home thru an amortization program, like Microsoft Works, then do the same as a simple loan, and you'll see why housing loans are being foreclosed. It's freaking ridiculous!!!
Budd
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:00:15 -0700, "Budd Cochran"

HOLY SHIT! BUDDS BACK!
beekeep
Never left, just too busy.
Budd

Aw, hell.
Craig C.
Hello, Craig.
How ya doing?
Budd

Peachy. You?
Craig C.

Never better ... well, not in the last ten years anyway.
Budd

Now that is one helluva idea!!! How 'bout it Jodi??? <VBG>
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (1/17/2008 7:57 AM):

well... mebbee... never actually made a carrot cake. Don't like 'em, myself.
At any rate, it's Friday night here, I've had my evening alcohol and am enjoying (or at least watching, sorta) a Robert DeNiro movie.
Next week, we take the Dragon (my Dak) on a massive road trip across the Outback and down to the southern ocean. Camping. I just hope it's cooler down there by then!
jmc

Denny in a bunny suit and jmc in a roo suit. That would put some serious amour in the air.
beekeep

Careful...Those in roo suits might kick yer ass.<VBG> Roos are supposed to be pretty tough.
Roy

I dunno.... I'm thinking this could really be good. I bring the Castles. Jodi could bring the chocolate chip cookies.. We could just hop along munching....
What do you think Jodi???
Denny

I don't think that she will be able to make enough cookieto fill you up. Chocolate chip? Hmmmm.. I can see a road trip coming up.<G>
Roy

Somehow I knew your fat ass couldn't resist munchies!!
Denny

LOL!!!
Roy

If you're eating WC's you better have her hop upwind..