Looking at buying a Durango help

Hello, I'm looking at getting a 2000 Durango V8 4.7 Liter SLT Mileage of 102936

Is there anything that I should be weary of on this car? I've heard stories of the ball joints but I believe that there was a recall for this specific problem (NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 04V596000). Is this still an issue? Should I stay away from this car and seek a different one, or jump on this one? I've always like the looks of the Durango but I don't want to buy something im going to have to fix every Friday.

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

That only included 4x4's, and only the upper ball joints.

Reply to
.boB

Regardless of vehicle the ball joints are probably wornout at over 100K miles

Reply to
sqdancerLynn