Loose steering

Durango 99 steering feels too loose, with insufficient feedback. Vehicle does not pull to left/right when driving, and I've just had tires & upper
ball joints replaced, and wheels aligned. I suppose the looseness in steering is at least partially due to high tire profile (265/75/15 Cooper Discoverer), but even so it feels too much.
Is this "normal"? Can the steering be tightened up? Possible faults in steering column? I know there was an adjuster bolt on my Isuzu Trooper which helped with a similar problem.
Peter
Check your lower steering column ujoints for loosness. Don`t mees with steering gear adj!