Low Beams Don't Work!!!

I have a 99 Dodge Ram Sport that I recently installed new clear headlights and Xenon bulbs, but when I went to test them out, the low beams don't work, only the highs. I pulled one of the new bulbs out and put an old one back in and still had the same problem. From what I have read, it sounds like the relay switch, but I am looking for some help. If the case, is this somethign that a person with average auto skills could do, and if so where can these be purchased?

Thanks so much for any help!

Rich

Reply to
Rich.Pedrick

Did you try pulling both new bulbs out and replace both old ones?

Reply to
GeekBoy

You might check the fuse.

Reply to
Ed

I didn not try replacing both bulbs (but will later today) and yes I did check the fuses and they all seem to be fine.

Thanks Rich

Ed wrote:

Reply to
Rich.Pedrick

What in the hell would that have to do with anything. Do you really think that they are in series with each other???

Reply to
TBone

Are these bulbs the same wattage as the factory bulbs?

Reply to
TBone

Ya took the words right out of my mouth. Of course I was being polite.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Don't feed the trolls.

Anyway to answer the Bone Head remark from a Bone Head.

"I guess Bone Head was the electrical engineer who designed the circuit for Dodge?"

Reply to
GeekBoy

I'll feed ya just one more time.

He asked you 2 questions. You have yet to answer either of them.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I thought I was being polite.

Reply to
TBone

Why, are you putting yourself on a starvation diet?

Oh gee, such a tuff guy. My feelings are really hurt now.

I thought that you were going to answer my remark (actually a couple of questions) but instead, all you did was cough up another idiotic comment that once again, makes no sense at all. I may not have been the electrical engineer that designed the headlight circuit but I do understand how it works, much unlike you. Then again, with some of your other brilliant suggestions such as disconnecting the battery from a computer controlled engine while it is running to test the alternator instead of simply connecting a volt meter to it or that all gears are the same, how could I expect much else.

Reply to
TBone

Yup I always run into low beams with my head so keep them high.

Reply to
Ron