Low oil Pressure

oil pressure problem here, when i start my truck for the day its a

1990 Dodge d200 360 engine. The oil pressure by the gage is fine however after a short drive on the highway into the city the oil pressure drops on the gage and the light comes on. This only happens once the engine is fully warmed up. any ideas out there?
Reply to
randy_ca

What weight of oil are you using and how many miles on the engine?

Reply to
TBone

How many miles on the truck?

Reply to
High Sierra

First thing to do is remove the oil pressure sender. It's way in the back by the distributor. Hook a regular mechanical gauge to the port where the sender was and see what's really happening. The oil pressure sender could be the problem. My 92 360 is on it's third. The first replacement I bought started leaking after about a year.

Al

Reply to
Big Al