Made it back!!!

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

That sounds like it would work. I dug out a old uniden radio that was last used in the 80's. It should work, now to find a place that sells the anntena and other related stuff here in MA. There used to be CB store and installers all over the place years ago, now there aren't any in the yellow pages here in MA.

I'm still of the thought of sticking the radio in the bottom console. I'm having a hard time getting my head around drilling a hole in the roof but......

I'm going to play with it later today just to see what fit's where.
Roy

I usually put one in a new truck with bungies or something and run the antenna out the rear slider..
Then I can play with different mounting places while I'm actually USING it... makes a difference and beats the hell out of putting it somewhere that seems like a great place until you use it..
For us, we hardly ever use it, just peace of mind in an emergency... we usually listen to weather more than cb, or flick it to cb when traffic slows down so we know what's up ahead.. Mac

Ypu missed a good one. We had a lot of rain (7+ inches) last week and I95 was closed for 7 hours just past the WW bridge because of a mud slide.
Was I95 still under construction in Lumberton?
How was driving through Waldorf?
beekeep

We were trying to find out from AAA how the road conditions were but the phone screwed us. I was concerned about the conditions on 301 and luckily the traffic was minimal so we stayed on 95

Not so you'd notice

Not bad. Some stop and go, but after about 8 hours it was a break from the monotony of the road.
Roy

I mounted mine in a wood box on the hump, but sounds like your cooler goes there...
I put the antenna cable under the floor mats and through the rubber plug where the clutch would go through the firewall.. (99 ram qc) from there I tried one of those fender/hood mount things and it sucked... Ran the cable under the truck and up between the cab and bed... wire tied it to the main bundle as I recall... I used to have a full size whip mounted to the left side bed bolt or whatever... the one that holds the bed to the frame and hold the rope hook on..
That worked very well until I put a tool box on the truck... then I got lazy and put a good mag mount antenna on the tool box.. also works very well..

Mac