Maintenance required light

I got a 92' Power Ram 150. Coming home today the maintenance required light came on. Nothen seems to be wrong, everything works fine. Is this light set to come on every so many miles. Mine has a little over
121K. Do you need a scan tool to turn it off? If so i'll take it to autozone or somewheres.
Thanks, Scott
On 19 Jul 2006 19:52:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

They used to have a little box under the dash in the wiring harness and you stuck a toothpick in the little hole to reset it. Had a 9volt battery in it too I think.
beekeep

I think it is behind the glove box.
Roy

No that's my bag of pot.
beekeep
beekeep wrote:

Unscrew the light bulb.
beekeep
beekeep wrote:

I looked and didn't see anything like that under the dash. Can it be turned off with a scan tool?
Scott
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Scan tool is how it's done.

or remove the bulb.
beekeep
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

That's what hacks do.

That old system was totally bogus. It monitored nothing and was timer set. Its only purpose was to sucker you into the dealership thinking you had engine problems. If you want to go along with their crap and pay a tech to reset it fine, but it will come back on in the future for more of your money. It won't come back on if you remove it.
beekeep
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

<snip> When a maintenance interval light shows up on a dash board, it's by direction of the EPA. Get your facts straight at least.
aarcuda69062 wrote:

I'll take it to autozone and they can turn it off with scan tool. Thanks for the help, Scott
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Its kinda like those "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" stickers on the bottom of furniture. When the sticker police come by my house they're gonna be pissed!
Apparently the maintenance required police frequent your neighborhood. Around here we have state inspections that don't include an OBDII scan (the inspections are a waste of time...)
JS

You mean the labels found on mattresses and pillows?

By what stretch is a 92 Dodge pick up OBD2 compliant? (relevance?)
My comments were directed at Beebrains comment that the MR light is some deep dark conspiracy by the dealerships/manufacturer.
And with all the experts here, no one knew that (and it's been that way since 1990) the MR light is extinguished via scan tool, not by poking something under the dash with a toothpick or changing a 9 volt battery.

Hey asshole, I drive a '92 dodge and it doesn't have a maintenance required light.
The dodge I owned before this one did have a maintenance required light which was reset by a little box near the steering column.
beekeep
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

I'm happy for you. Now please point out where I said that all Dodges had maintenance required lights. Also, if you can figure out how to open the original post, explain the discrepancy between your truck and the original posters.

All this means is that you confuse easily.
You bitch when the mechanic doesn't know his job. You bitch when the mechanic does know his job.
I think you just like to bitch.

Budd's back!
beekeep