March incentives on new Dodge trucks

Any one know what they will be?

Al

04 2500 4X4 CTD 6 speed 92 W250 360 five speed
Reply to
Big Al

Probably more of the interest free crap. Perhaps if they built some that people actually want, they wouldn't need so many.

Reply to
TBone

Dodge trucks do sell well especially the CTD's. Incentives are a gimmick. With or without incentives the price out the door tends to be competitive with Ford or Chevy. Often they raise the MSRP, take away option package discounts and then give large rebates or the interest free crap you mentioned. It's all just gimmicks.

Reply to
Miles

In Tucson you can by a 1500 V6, 6 speed for under $13,000, and a Ford for about the same. No full size GM trucks come with a manual transmission, and they are a lot more than a similar Ford or Dodge. At least that's what I'm finding.

I found two different Hemi powered 1500's here for $19K.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

It's about the same anywhere in the country. Dealers all pay the same price. Some areas have lower supply and higher demand so those dealers are unlikely to come down as much though.

In 2005 I bought my 4x4 Hemi Durango new for $24,000. This past fall there was a $6000 rebate as well as a $1000 below invoice suppliers discount. Even with the $7000 below invoice a new one would cost me far more than my 2005 without the rebates. They just keep upping the MSRP and add higher rebates and other gimmicks. The price OTD keeps going up anyways.

Reply to
miles

Not so much anymore. They came out with the 6.7 liter engine which has no more HP than the 5.9, but uses more fuel. Who would be crazy to buy those?

Reply to
GeekBoy

The 6.7L has more torque and steeper HP and torque curves. Drive them both. You'll see very noticeable power gains in the 6.7L. It's a powerfully strong engine.

Reply to
Miles

Not so much here right now but that is probably due to $3.60 price per gallon for diesel.

I agree but they still don't offer what the people want. They are way to geared up for maximum profit and screw customer choice and as usual, the wrong options at the wrong time. It seems that the only way you can get the truck loaded or many of the options is to but a friggen crew cab. Many of us don't want or need a crew cab and really need the long bed and the ability to still be able to park the damn thing but that matters little to Dodge.

Reply to
TBone

Okay, I will go give one a try.

Reply to