MaxiVan, Sprinter, Next?

Will Chrysler continue importing the Sprinter now that they are no longer partnered with MB? My 2001 Maxi is beginning to show it's age/ use, and I had figured on buying a new Sprinter in the next couple of
years. Has anyone heard any rumors or even seen it in print (SWMBO doesn't let me out much, I guess).
TIA Mark