Mega Cab Feedback

I have an 04 Diesel ram 2500. I really like it, but could definately use the extra cab room.
Any opinions on the new Mega Cab????
Also does anyone know if there are plans for upgrades to it for the coming
year?
Thanks in advance Tony
The Mega Cab is only offered with the short bed. Looking at the specs, you will gain 20" back seat room over the quad cab w/no sacrifice in the length of the box. (There's also some storage space added behind the back seat so the added 20" isn't all legroom). The wheelbase is 20" longer. What this means is the mega-cab truck, bumper-to-bumper, is 4" short of being 21' long. That means it won't fit in my garage. Prolly won't fit in quite a few others, either, especially if you put a brush guard (Urban Car Catcher) on the front and have a big ugly hitch ball (Urban Tailgater's Radiator Punch) sticking out the back. In this neighborhood you park a fine ride like this on the street or outside in your driveway and you risk getting vandalized or broken into (if not stolen) once a year or so.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:57:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dodgecity.cc wrote:

as to the storage in the back, I was sort of interested in something that I thought I heard on a commercial, but wasn't really paying attention... Something about the rear seats reclining? Sounds like they might have got tired of sitting straight up back there!
Mac