Memorial Day

An oft heard phrase is, " all gave some, some gave all."

And it's true.

The American Soldier, Airman, or Sailor puts his / her life on the line for the US citizenry and for people they don't even know but were oppressed in their homeland. And they've done it time and again.

The Holy Bible says, "No greater love has any man than he be willing to die for a friend.(Jn 15:13 [paraphrased]) That's something our military has done in spades since the Revolutionary War.

Once again it is Memorial Day when we are to remember those that gave all and those that gave some, but let's not forget those that "just" served and those still serving.

Or the ones that were spit upon.

For me it's :

Charles J. Beard (Deceased ,WWI USN ... My step-dad)

Lester F. Cochran (Deceased, WWII USN .. My Dad)

George R. Cochran (Deceased, Korea USAF .. Brother)

Billie G. Cochran (Korea USAF, SSGT ...Brother)

Richard T. Cochran (USAF, SSGT ... Brother)

Charles L. Cochran Jr.(USN [medical discharge] ... Son)

Bryon S. Cochran (USN PO... Son)

Ron Hall (USA WO ... 'Nam, best friend in High School, Franklin IN)

Russell Ellis (USAF... 'Nam / INARNG, SSGT ... 'Nam Era. ... co-section-chief Third Plt, 1313th Combat Eng. ARFTA (Camp Atterbury) INARNG ... Best friend in my company)

If you know a Vet, prior service person, or someone currently serving, shake their hand, tell them "thanks!" and pass on the same from:

(Ex) SSGT Charles L. Cochran, IN/CO/UT ARNG (1969-1978, 1980-1982)

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Thank you for yours and your family's service, and for all the others that have served honorably.

Reply to
FMB