MPG Gadgets

There's an interesting, even hilarious, article in the Sept. 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics that shows these devices that claim to increase mileage in
your auto are nothing more than junk. Some of them even do damage to the vehicle. All of them either showed no improvement or even performance degredation and one set fire to the engine. The article is really great. I highly recommend everyone to go the bookstore or library and check it out.
J wrote:

K$N air filter at the top of the list?
No. That product isn't listed in there. From what I've read and heard by people, K&N, Kool Blue, and other similar filters are genuine products that do produce results. I've seen K&N filters used on Horsepower TV (Spike TV Saturdays & Sundays) and they've gotten good results. One of the products mentioned in the article is the TornadoFuelSaver. I've seen this advertised on tv in infomercials. People claim it does great things but this article tells the truth. I really can't believe the bums and crooks who are ripping people off with these products.

Here we go!! <BFG>
Roy
Roy wrote:

With all the fuel saving stuff I have put on my truck, I have a terrible problem.
The high-voltage ignition added 20% better mileage. The throttle body spacer added 25%. The hot sparkplugs were another 15%. The computer chip added 40%. The Flowmaster added 10%, and the CAI added another 20%.
That's 130% ! I'm gonna get a ticket from the EPA for all the gas that's spilling out of my overflow. I'm gonna have to get a sheik's hat soon.