MPG on Jeep Wrangler

Page 1 of 2
What kind of mileage are you guys that have a wrangler seeing? I'm considering selling the F350 since I am no longer living in the country and no longer have a call for it. I'm thinking of replacing it with a
4cyl or 4.0L 6 cyl wrangler depending on mileage reports.
--
Chris

I can give the mileage on a 81 CJ7 if that would help.<G>
Roy

2 beers per block?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Nah, not that bad.

guess it depends on traffic, huh?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

No traffic between here and the beach bro. Well, with bike week it has been a bit hectic. We live just down the road from a real senic route that they ride constantly but it ends today.
Roy

We're having the Baja 250 Friday and Saturday and the pre-runs started on Mar. 1st.. LOTS of traffic here now but it's fun to watch..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

My grandcritters mommy has a '01 Wrangler automatic and 4 cyl and it does about 18-19-20 mpg just driving around. I don't think she's ever had it on the highway to check it. Most of the 6 cyl's that I know about get about 14-15 mpg.
Denny

Really?? I was ready to start bitching about mine. I'm good for about 13-14mpg, But with the tires and the lift and it is like pushing a 4X8 sheet of plywood down the road I guess I'm not doing so bad.. No BS about my weight Denny! Go plow some more friggin snow!
Roy

That really hurt.... And that is just what I'm heading out to do. Should be home in about 7-8 hours. Gotta love this white shit.....
Denny
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:49:12 -0500, Denny wrote:

DAMN yer buddy snow job that backed up?
--
Chris

Who really gives a flying fuck about that idiot??
Denny

Oops, the friggin rabbit is overtired. He spent too many hours pushing white gold around and now he's bitchy.<BFG> I suggested to ya that you go to bed and go back out in the morning, but no, you had to play iron man. Ya dent a fender or what?
Man I know exactly how ya feel, been there, done that, have the T shirt and the dented fender. Was watching the news, saw all the snow, went to the beach and hoisted a cold one for ya my friend, then laughed my skinnny ass off just thinking about the bs your going through <GBMFG>
Roy.

Wow, I think Chris did hit a nerve. With a response like that, you would think just maybe the bunny got caught trading 'da machine' in for 'da snowbitch'. (GBMFG)
FMB (Snowless North Mexico)

Nah, to get "the machine" away from the friggin' rabbit would require the jaws of life to pry his pudgy paws off of it. I'm thinking that perhaps he and the snow fool had a bit of a spat. Remember, they are sorta neighbors. <BFG>
The fun ya can have when old fur face is sleeping. <G> Actually, looking at the weather, he's probably back at it again.
Roy
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 03:07:11 -0400, Denny wrote:

I hit a nerve there Denny???? I figured with that amount of time in the plow truck you had to be helping him out....otherwise why ya spending so much time plowin??? ya know he's got that K5 and we know how well a chebby is suited for work ;) <GBG>
--
Chris

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:43:37 -0500, Denny wrote:

Thanks Denny, I was actually hoping for a little better but 18 ~ 20 round town wouldn't be real bad.
--
Chris

Just be sure you drive that 4 cyl for awhile before you decide on it. I think it's really underpowered. My daughter likes it but I sure don't.
Shut up Roy........
Denny

In the spirit of fair play, knowing that you are at more of a disadvantage than usual. Due to your being over tired, hungry (a huge deal for you) and cranky, I will refrain from tossing the cheap shot that your above post deserves. <BFG>
Roy

Chris,
You want mileage? The wife hit a best of 45 mpg with her toyota hybrid, usually it is 38 combination driving. Didn't you have a diesel jeep? One that I couldn't buy in MA?
Take a look here: www.jeepforum.com
It has a ton of info on all jeeps.
I've been reading that most have found the 4cyl to be a bit underpowered. I've found my jeep to be okay for running around town to the beach and back stuff like that but that's about it. But that is exactly what bought it for, that and I can hose it out after a day at the beach fishing.
Roy