MPG on Jeep Wrangler

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:33:30 -0400, Roy wrote:

Yea I had a diesel jeep but i had to sell it. =( a little financial difficulty while my wife is looking for a new job. So I had to cut that payment. Anyway I'm living in an apartment now and my 1 ton Ford fills a parking spot....well a little more than fills, and i dont have the land to take care of anymore so i'm selling the tractor and considering getting rid of the truck for something a little more economical/fun to drive.
--
Chris

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:33:30 -0400, Roy wrote:

I'm not looking to buy new, and down here the hybrids are not popular from what I've seen so there's not many of them on the used market. I may wind up in a little econo box..... depends on what i find for what price. My wife wants me to get a little 4 cyl truck like a Toyota or Mazda. I just don't know that I really want another truck unless its a diesel and i don't want to feed one at today's prices since i don't need it that much anymore.
--
Chris

That forum is about cj's, yj's, tj's, all of them in separate sub forums. Also a classified section that usually has some pretty good stuff listed.
I'd think that the hybrids aren't on the used car market because nobody is getting rid of them. Dealers here are getting msrp or better and there's a wait. It will get worse as gas prices go up.
Roy
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:52:16 +0000, "Christopher D. Thompson"

I'd love to find one of those old Mitsubishi mighty max pickups.. About the size of the old Toyota pickups, with 4x4 and a 4 banger turbo diesel..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

One of my buddies has one of them. It gets around 40MPG but diesel around here is outragous. Regular is between $3.15 to $3.25 a gallon while diesel is over $3.85! When the dealerships are offering their low and no interest deals they include the diesels now.
Hey Mac, what is going on with rec.woodworking?

and low maintenance.. and lots of torque at low rpm's doesn't hurt..
The wRECk is alive and well.. probably averages about 200 posts a day..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

It's not here. Now the price for diesel is 3.85 to 3.99 a gallon. I'm glad I decided to wait and not buy one last year.

I guess that it's my POS news server. They still carry the group but not a single post in it.

Not sure what diesel is here but folks have been bitching that unleaded just went up to about $235 a gallon..

I've been really happy with APN... the $2.95 is worth it, IMO...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

hybrid... said after the first 2,000 miles the MPG went from 38 to 49 almost over night.. I'd rather get 30 and have a bigger car, though... the 2 of them and a little luggage fill the damn thing..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Hmmm.. is it the civic? Sue has a Camry and it is plenty big enough. We made a round trip from here to MA with stuff and the dog with no problem.
Roy

little Hondas..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I think the civic is like a toyota corolla, the camry is bigger same same as the accord
Roy
says...

Just bought an 08 Wrangler (2 door 3.8) a couple of months ago. The first time I check it, it got 15.3 mpg the 2nd time 14.6 mpg and that's half highway half city. Not the best gas mileage but they are wicked fun to drive.