mpg overhead computer

What is the proper way to use this? Do I reset the mpg computer only when I fill the tank ? or hit the reset button every time I go someplace.? My truck
is an 04 ram 1500,hemi quad cab 355 gears,shortbed with 17in wheels. What should I be getting for a reading around town with the bed empty?

Use it however suits you the best. On mine, I reset it when I change the oil and don't pay much attention to it. Around town mileage, depending on your right foot of course, will probably be around the 12-13 mpg range.
Denny

we tend to use it to track mileage on long trips... since it will match your dash odometer, it's kind of a waste having the computer track it, too..
I like Denny's idea of using it for an oil change reminder, though... except that we change our synthetic once or twice a year..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing