My older truck vs my newer truck - 4WD

Page 2 of 2

Dude, you really need to take a chill pill. I never said that 4WD Low was required for plowing, only that it wouild make it easier on her trans. We are not talking about a professional plowing large areas where using 4L would make no sense, we are talking about a homeowner plowing her driveway where she will not be building up much speed (converter unable to lock and cranking out heat in 4H) and will probably be spending as much time in reverse as she will in drive.

"Dude" I have a pill for ya and it isn't a chill pill. I believe you said "4WD-L would allow you to plow your driveway without cooking your transmission" the inference being that if ya didn't use low you would "cook" your transmission. That is what I responded to.

Good! I've been doing this, so you confirm what i thought, but wasn't too sure.

oh, OK, good to know. I just attached the plow that day. I was turning the truck around to face toward the street. No snow yet. I know the driveway was wet from rain.

Sounds reasonable. I forgot to mention I bought it used, so who knows what the other owner did. Marina

You'll be just fine plowing in 4H

Both are 4 wheel , 4WD Low is slow. Slow truck speed, high engine rpm.
You will only need 4L for rock climbing or maybe on the beach in soft sand.

There may be a adjustment to get more of a throw when shifting to allow you to fully engage,I'm not sure though. Try shifting to 4H while stopped and see what happens.

I'll try it. Last year I used 4L.

Two places I'll never drive. LOL.