My older truck vs my newer truck - 4WD

It is a interesting project. The thing has a "fat boy" front frame, the engine is too close to the front crossmember, the engine is too long, the transmission tunnel is too low. Trying to get a decent line is a real pia. I'm thinking maybe pick the body a couple of inches. Seriously though it is a nightmare, but it is doable. Here's one you'll like. Have to make the area at the firewall bigger so the bell houseing will clear. Was walking through Lowes and spotted a metal wheelbarrel that has just the right curve and depth when cut down. So a quick cut and quick weld some paint and problem solved with out a lot of banging and fab work. The crossmember clearance is going to be a bit harder.

Reply to
Roy

Lowes for auto body stuff, that is a new one, but what ever works, is clean, quick and easy, makes life that much better.

Reply to
azwiley1

Marina wrote in news:0198cc2a$0$4590$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I finally got a chance to double check the name on the tires: Uniroyal Laredo AWT. Marina

Reply to
Marina

Kurt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You should have seen the tires the dealer tried to give me. Good thing I asked for AWT or it would be even worse. I love the big block tires. Next chance I have some extra money I'll buy some new ones. Yup, the advice here has been excellent. Thank you, all!! Marina

Reply to
Marina

I didn't give any advice, just chimed in about a tire that didn't do me any favors. But, there is alot of good advice out here on the "usenets" newsgroups. Most people that you ask that have not been on the internet since it started for civilians, don't have a clue it even exists!

I have been operating computers before there were ever PC's back in 1973 & got on to the internet (limited through Prodigy Network) back in 1990.

I am still hooked with ability it has for a resource for information!

Back on subject: I will be looking for some good tires for the snow soon. My Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 20" tires that came with it, really are not what I was expecting to feel in driver confidence. I am not connected to the road at all in snow/ice.

They are great in rain/dry road! Good tread life too! Time for me to = search suppliers for a good traction tire for myself....

Later,

Kurt

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Reply to
Kurt