need HELP!!

Page 2 of 2

How were you overcharged on a card if they only accept CASH ONLY?

Reading Comprehension - an important skill. He left the first station that was "cash only", and went to another one that did accept debit/credit cards.
Of course - why the OP decided to include that prologue, as it had absolutely nothing to do with the event that occurred, is another issue.
As far as the question of fault, given that NJ doesn't allow us to pump our own gas, it is the attendant's responsibility to make sure the vehicle is clear to pull away before completing the transaction.

Well, this is a new one on me, I disagree with both you and Miles. The operator of the vehicle is the only one to make sure his way is clear and his vehicle is unencumbered. The fuel filler is on the drivers side, that makes for a very easy check to make sure you're clear. IMHO, while the attendant is clearly negligent and a contributory factor, the actual fault lies with the driver. There's no one else operating the vehicle and no damage was done until it was moved.
BigIronRam wrote:

The fuel filter is not always on the drivers side. Many cars its on the passenger side.

I figure the person who put it in should be the one removing it.
Roy

Does your wife agree with that too????? <BFG>
Denny

With the size of your stomach, I'm sure it is never a issue.
Ya have the toys cleaned up yet??
Roy

I've taken them out of the box and fondled them a couple of times but no time for cleaning yet. Probably won't be till planting is over. I did manage to get 720 rounds of 8mm and 120 rounds of 7.5 coming tho. I gotta be ready when they get cleaned <BG>
Denny

usually a severe penalty for early withdraws...
Mac

Cooler heads prevail here. This is not a law enforcement scenario. First, call your credit card company about the errorneous charges. Next call the gas station owner. In a calm and even speaking tone; Explain what happened , and what you think is reasonable to settle the matter. I am guessing the employee did not do anything malicious, and from what you described made an ernest attempt to fix the erroneous charge problem. It sounds like the employee was not properly trained, and maybe should have an experienced co-worker to help, and anything; just for safety. Write down on paper what you plan to say to the gas station owner. Write down what he says. If you are not satisfied with what he suggests for a remedy, then tell him that you will be seeking legal advice. If that does not sway him, then hang up/leave; then talk to your lawyer. Key think here: speak in a calm and even tone, and be prepared with what you want to say.