Need info on 3.5

Looking at a 06 magnum with the 3.5 as they call it high performance engine. What say you folks good bad??? Denny, Mike, Tom, Max, Mac, a little help
here please.
Roy

Seriously, I could live with it. I haven't driven one loaded down with people and luggage but going out and putting 10-15 miles on it is not bad. I took one with a few thousand miles on it out on a stone lot to play with the esp and I have to say it works. It's surprising how it'll turn on loose stone at 30 mph or so. I know they don't have a bunch of miles on them yet but we haven't had any engine/trans apart yet. I have put two front wheel bearing/hub assys in and there have been a rash of left rear power window motors. If ya like toys, get the navigation system. It's one of those things that I'd use about two weeks out of the year on vacation.
Shoot me a vin and I'll let you know what I find.
Denny

Navigation system??? Real men don't need no stinkin' navigation system?<BFG>

I'm afraid this is one of those deals that I am going to have to grab before I get a vin. I'll get it to ya in a day or two, thanks.
Roy

I agree with Denny..... 'sides an ol' fart like you don't need nuffin bigger than a 3.5 anyways.... I would recommend the heated leather seats tho', it's gettin' to be that season.
Mike

You are aware of course, that ol' fur face is now a member of the old fart's club.

Just like navigation system's, real men don't need them. Especially since this car will spend most of it's time in FL.
Thanks for the reply Mike.
Roy

Yes indeed, I am just waiting for an opportune moment to pounce!

Yeah, in FL they would be an unneeded feature but the Nav system IS fun to play with even though like me, you never get lost.
;^)
Mike

says...

My neighbor told his wife to buy whatever car she wanted, she's good at wheelin and dealin, so she comes home with a new Magnum. Problem is, it's the base motor, a 3.1 (?) and it's a DOG. Even she regrets buying it. A 3.5 is ok, I drove a Charger as a loaner while my truck was being fixed. When I get my Challenger, it's gonna be the SRT-8. I don't care if gas is 4 bucks a gallon. I'm getting EXACTLY what I want next time..
BDK

I have 2 friends with magnums, both fastback or whatever and both have hemis ..... they say that it's fun but not needed...
BIG difference between 3.5 and 5.7, though... Mac

The 3.5 if economical, should do the trick. I need somthing that I can run around down in Fl with. I plan on running the truck down and back maybe once a year and use the car for the other trips. Figure the car has got to cost less to run than the truck, and Sue can use the truck up here. I do know that her Envoy was not going to fit the bill. Doing this deal will move me away from one 4x4 that I would have to move eventually.
Roy
Roy

Tara made a suggestion you might consider. she said if you liked the liberty why not buy and register one in FL, your buying a house there anyways right?
--
----------------------------
-Chris

We have already bought the house, but here's the deal. First, gotta tell ya it cost's about 50% more to register and insure here in MA. To register a car in FL you have to establish residency. In MA you must maintain residency by living in a house for two or three years( I forget which) prior to the sale of said house to avoid a big cap gains tax. So if I establish residency in FL I get hammered with the tax. We plan on keeping the house here until Sue can retire in about 4 years. Also maybe the market will recover by then. Thanks for the thought though.
Roy

up your MA residency? just a question because I've never tried to keep 2 houses every time we moved I was/had sold the old house.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Roy the 3.5 v6 has been a good engine in the past with the LH body.

Most cars with small engines get pretty good mileage if you keep you foot out of them... the problem most folks have is that they get the smaller engine and then work it harder cuz they "could have had a v-8"...
We rented a toyota camray or whatever a few years ago and ran the hell out of it on a trip to socal and back.. surprised the hell out of me when I checked the oil and saw a 4-banger under the hood...
We're real happy with our first trip in the 95 blazer but we had to keep reminding ourselves that it WASN'T the dakota and only had the v-6.. Mac

what v6 did you get the 4.3 or the 2.8? I had the 4.3 in an old s10 and it ran and towed well.
--
-Chris

It's the "vortec", so I'm figuring it's the 4.3... I remember reading the manual and seeing 4.something..*g*
It runs well and gets good mpg, you just have to remember to pop it out of OD on grades and stuff..
Mac