Need some info quickly.

Have a deal on a used truck that will work just right but for one problem,

The previous owner was a smoker and the smell is a deal killer. Is there anyway to remove the odor??

I've heard of some ozone or some such air cleaning machine that is suppose to take care of the odor.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Tom, Denny, anybody????????????????????

Reply to
Roy

Fabreeze? My grandson got a Honda with the same issue. Stunk inside, totally rank. Took about two weeks, a dozen pine-tree odor eaters, and a lot of Fabreeze but it now smells OK...

Also, (very longshot) try Eastwood's site... They may have something.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks, I gotta get it out and not mask it. A 20 minute test ride and the wife had her inhaler out.

Reply to
Roy

Well there are a couple ways. Easiest way would be to take it to a detail shop and tell them what you need. They usually have some cleaners that work very well. The other way is DIY. First you will want to pull the carpet and headliner out. Clean them with a steam cleaner, it will pull out the crud. Then you need to clean out the vent system. Then you will want to steam the seats and door panels. Not a lot of fun.

Reply to
Steve W.

Pour about 1/2 inch of vinegar into something like a cake or pie pan. Leave it on the seat with the windows closed .... not a quick fix ...have to leave this for at least 3 or 4 days.

Fred

Reply to
Fearless Fred

I was a heavy smoker for a lot of years, the Ozone machine worked for me. Look on Craig's list or EBay for one of these. ALPINE FRESH UV AIR PURIFIER OZONE GENERATOR or see if you can rent one like it.

Reply to
Tom R

Acid from Vinegar + oxygen = RUST try a cheap solar fan that mounts to the window .. . e-bay .. . it should keep everything dry and aired out.... place a few drops of scented oil in the heater and air ducts .. . should do the trick . .. as a last resort you may want to try burning inscents in the cab.... then air out the cab for a few days.... just be careful you don't catch your truck on fire... . lol

I have not tried any of theses things so you are on your own but, Good Luck with your Smokey truck

Reply to
john doe

Or he could just take up smoking so he won't notice the smell.. He moved to FLA to die so why not make the best of it! 8)

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Actually I haven't felt this good in years. Doing more, loseing weight, spending most days on the beach, life is real good. Oh, I quit smoking years ago.

You on the other hand can sit in the damp chill of fall and eventually, hopefully, get to shovel some snow.

Reply to
Roy

A bit of snow sounds good to me. Beats the f*ck outa sweating....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

A bit of snow sounds good to me. Beats the f*ck outa sweating....

Denny

I suppose, in your case, being a wide ride, the excess weight would cause you to sweat.

Regards the snow. Have ya drained the trans fluid and changed the filter yet?? Or are you going to wait until it bites ya in yer fat ass?

Roy

Roy

Reply to
Roy

:

first off.......completely ignoring the fat ass comments...

secondly.... nope. been waaaay too busy playing with wrenches and dirt to do anything but eat......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

first off.......completely ignoring the fat ass comments...

secondly.... nope. been waaaay too busy playing with wrenches and dirt to do anything but eat......

I can understand being busy. Hope the weather holds for ya.

But given the amount of time that you spend eating to fill that chubby body you could spare 30 minutes to do the deal on the truck.

Talk about weather, just listening to the tv, 94 degrees for today.

Roy Denny

Reply to
Roy

.

te:

94 degrees sucks...... I don't care who you are.

You shoot that AR anymore??? My offer of $500 is still good....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

94 degrees sucks...... I don't care who you are.

You shoot that AR anymore??? My offer of $500 is still good....

94 degrees is just fine when your at the ocean with a nice breeze and a cooler.

The AR, funny you should ask. Cleaned it a couple of days ago.

I'll probably piss some folks off but finding a outdoor range that isn't loaded with what I call gun nut's or wanna be combat vet's is damn near impossible. Further I like to get out a few hundred yards not the 100 yards around here.

There are indoor ranges I could go to and use the Sig but the same thing applies. Also there have been a couple of instance's of one person shooting another at indoor ranges. The last was a mother killing her son. I don't need all the drama.

So no, I haven't put a round throgh it.

Stuff your offer!

Denny

Reply to
Roy

Sorry forgot the

But you knew that.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

.

m...

The range I usually go to used to be pretty decent but the membership has exploded the last year. Now it's usually fairly busy with most of the new members learning their handgun skills from watching tv. Where else do shooters hold their firearms sideways?? Range safety is a thing of the past.

Ok, I'll go $550 to make you happy. It's still a very used rifle.....

... but you knew that too..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The range I usually go to used to be pretty decent but the membership has exploded the last year. Now it's usually fairly busy with most of the new members learning their handgun skills from watching tv. Where else do shooters hold their firearms sideways?? Range safety is a thing of the past.

Ok, I'll go $550 to make you happy. It's still a very used rifle.....

... but you knew that too..

Denny

I don't get it. The club up north with a whole bunch of stuff and range to

400+yards, separate pistol, a real nice archery, plus a indoor pistol was $200.00

Here it is over $650 for outdoor 100 yard and it's out in the boonies. You also get to deal with the nut's.

Figuring the property value up north is at least 5 times the property the range here is on I don't get the price of membership.

I hear ya , the firearm held sideways, like I said gun nuts. WTF wants to shoot or be near them?

$550? I'd bet you'd be real happy!

But ya forgot, it fires 223 and 556. But I'm holding on to everything in case the gun nuts get pushy. Nice thing about FL, it utilizes the "castle law" big time. A week or so ago some clown attempted a armed home invasion. The home owner took the weapon away from the bad guy and put a couple right in his head. No charges.

Reply to
Roy

If they realized *why* it is done that way in television and movies they'd stop quickly. The reason is that it allows better face shots in many scenes, somethign that has little value in real life!

Reply to
PeterD