new dodge cigar lighter missing

Page 1 of 2
just picked up a new dodge ram truck and noticed the cigar lighter was missing from the socket. I did not get the smokers package and was there fore told that this is the way it is if you don't have that
package. Seems funny to me that the receptacle is there, fully powered but there is no lighter in it or even some type of cover to finish off the receptacle like the power accessory plug has. Is this what i should expect to see?
brian dodge ram 08 sxt.
mr burns wrote:

Dealer is wrong. My new 2007.5 Ram has a cig lighter on the left of center bezel and a power outlet (with plastic cover) on the right. The lighter was there. Mine does not have the smokers group. Not sure what it would change on the 07's as there is a small ashtray in the flip down cup holder console.

Could be they are trying to save another 50 cents, like when they left off the passenger's side door lock.
Al
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 23:48:20 -0700, Big Al wrote:

On the Grand Cherokee that was the most asinine thing i have ever seen. but leave it to DC to do that.
--
Chris

My little brother has a new Nissan pickup, same shit, no passenger side key lock.
Christopher Thompson wrote:

Not just DC. My parents just bought a new Trailblazer. No passenger side door lock. What the heck is up with that?
Bob
Christopher Thompson wrote:

They really don't have a lock on the passenger side???
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:03:02 -0400, Picasso wrote:

Certain years, yes that is correct.
--
Chris

Is that the side the truck thiefs open to gain entry? I'm glad my passenger side doors lock.
FMB (North Mexico)
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 04:39:21 +0000, FMB wrote:

NO you miss understand there is a locking mechanism but no external key lock on the passenger side.
--
Chris

I think if you have keyless entry, they only have a lock cylinder on the driver's door and trunk/rear hatch.

My wife's Focus is like that. Annoys the hell outta me. I don't want to carry around a remote for a car I only drive a few times a week and sometimes for various reasons you want to get in the passenger side, but can't. Hell of a way to save $0.50 a car. Bob

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Chevy and Ford trucks don't have the rear wheel liners on their trucks either. I installed them on my Ram and they look great.
�I installed them on my Ram and they look great.
A source?
Bob AZ
Bob AZ wrote:

Bought the rear liners from my dealer. They're factory Mopar parts. Really adds a nice finished look to the truck.
It is sad that you now need to buy the parts that shaould already be there.

"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

ford & chev used to have them... thats true though the new fords & chevs don;t
TBone wrote:

I agree but the liners weren't on my 2000 and 2001 Rams nor are they found on Fords or Chevy's. So it's pretty standard to leave off the rear liners it seems.

IMHO, "standard" doesn't make it right..