New Heater Core Smell

I just had my heater core replaced at the dealer and now when I turn on my heater I get a metallic smell. I'm assuming this is from the new heater core. Does this go away after a while?
-- Jerry

As long as you aren't smelling anti-freeze you should be just fine.

No antifreeze anymore but that metallic smell is nasty. I'll have to stop and buy some air fresheners on the way home :-)
-- Jerry
That is probably whatever they coated it with to prevent corrosion. I would heave it on high temp low blow for a few days to burn it off.
"Jerry" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Smoke a joint in the truck and you won't notice it.
beekeep
What kind of joint; right angle, butt, flexible or other?

Universal
-- Jerry
just had

Someday, brother. Someday.