New old owner

Greets, All.

Just wandered in, having recently acquired a '99 1500 QC 4X4, 5.9L, auto. I've enjoyed reading the various threads covering different performance and service issues with these trucks and hope I'll be able to contribute in some small way as my own experience grows.

Everything is relative...or relevant, I can never remember which. In any case, this truck is a farm truck and, as such, is a major step up from the 30 year old Chevy 2X we just got rid of. The only reason we decided on another 4X4, having had the bug some 30 years ago already, was we live very remotely in the Siskiyou Forest and get snowed in for a few days at a time, a few times each winter. Nothing too severe but, at our age (late 50's) if something happened to one of us, we'd need to be able to get out, regardless of road conditions. In any case, compared to what I'm accustomed to, this truck is almost as nice as Gramma's new Maxie...almost.

I haven't any plans to trick it out aside from some kind of bed cover and getting the tranny bullet-proofed at the local shop, a set of headers and cat-back system, a blue-tooth capable cd-deck and some nerf....oh, hell, never mind. ;-]

Anyway, drinks are on me and thanks for keepin' a light on.

Wolfie

Reply to
Wolfie

welcome to the group

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Much obliged, Chris.

Wolfie '99 Ram 1500 QC 4X4 '03 Vulcan 1600 Classic '07 Maxima 3.5SE

Chris Thomps> welcome to the group

Reply to
Wolfie