New Radio to Dodge wiring question

I tired to put a new Aiwa CD player in my 1990 Dodge B150. Everything weems fine, except for one small problem. there was one wire from the dodge harness that I couldn't figure out
what to do with: The Orange one that was on the same block as the power. so I left this one alone. on my new stereo there was a yellow wire that seems to be for the memory, I connected it to the pink/red wire and the stereo works and hold time and presets. the REAL problem is this: when I turn on the headlights in this configuration it blows fuse 6 (Horn, guage lights, and rear lights-but not brake lights) the new stereo doesn't have the dimming capability of the original unit... how do I fix this? thanks Harry
why did you snip the wires?
why didnt you buy a plug in harness for $10 from the stereo store, radio shack, autozone even evilmart has them
wire it up COLOR for COLOR to the stereo tape off unused wires plug it in and wa-la you are DONE, no snaps crackles pops

It came without a stereo and only the power block/harness, the rest of the wires were just laying there...
snipped-for-privacy@carwreck.com wrote:

Power antenna?
JAM
First, les start with getting rid of the Aiwa stereo.
Now, orange is "normally" associated with the illumination trigger. What you need to do is first test that wire to make sure there is no voltage to it. If there is you need to cap it off for the time being. Next you need to un hook ALL you wires before you short out your truck. You have something hooked up wrong, but with out looking at it, I can start to tell you what. You need to take it some one that knows what they are doing and have it hard wired in properly.