No AC in 2001 Durango

Greetings All, Just tried to use my ac and it only blows hot air. Any simple way to tell whether it's low freon? I'm going out there now to see if the
compressor is kicking in. Anything else to check before I have to take it in to someone? TIA to all, Mark
Well by now you may have taken it to a shop, but... If the compressor is not running it is most likely due to a leak having let the r134 escape resulting in a low-pressure situation and causing the low-pressure cut-off to activate.
A good shop will at least locate the leak and let you know which part needs replacing and quote a price.
If, on the other hand, the compressor is working and blowing hot air... well, others here may know more about that, but even then a good shop can diagnose.
Hope it cools off for you.