No choice but to take their word!

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 with a 5.2L that was giving me some starting problems, I felt it was fuel, so I did some basic checks such as check for fuel rail pressure, there wasn't any, checked fuel pump relay, it was good, so I call an have the truck towed to the dealer for diagnosis. They said it was my fuel pump module, so I asked them to replace it. The next day when I picked it up and in the process of driving home (approx 3 miles) it stalls and dies. I call the dealer and he sends a tow truck and we go back to the dealers for more diagnosis. Two days later they tell me it's my PCM. Wow 80,000 miles on my truck and the Fuel Pump and PCM happened to go out at the same time. Coincidence or not? I feel not...

Barstow Ed

Reply to
Bar Stow

tell them you want a NEW PCM and your old FPM installed

Reply to
TranSurgeon

A little vasoline or KY jelly may be in order 'cause you're getting screwed.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep