no overdirive 1992 Ram

HI, 1992 5.2L D150. Was just wondering if anyone had any info about the OD off/on switch on the automatic tranny. I recently lost O/D on my (still) fantastic running truck and was wondering about that switch on the dash. What is the default? if the wires are shorted can I expect OD or not? If the switch is bad can I expect no OD? Haynes manual doesn't even mention this as far as I can tell. Thanks for any input.

Reply to
someguy

Have you checked fuse #2 in the fuse panel below the steering column?

Reply to
John Kunkel

Disabling the switch (in my case, disconnecting it from the truck) means OD cannot be switched off. PCM automatically assumes the truck will be operated in OD capable mode. Thus a broken switch would likely be lack of OD lock out.

Reply to
Max Dodge