No power to the trailer plug

03 Ram 2500 QC Diesel -

I don't have any power to the (+) pin of the 7 pin trailer connector. All of the other pins work fine. I checked the fuse and it's fine. Is there a relay or fusible link I'm missing?

Thanks! John

Reply to
John

Power for that pin comes from fuse #1 in the IPM. It leaves the IPM as a red/orange wire. It's spliced under the dash, to provide the power lead for the brake controller connector, and then runs to a 14-pin connector down by the firewall bulkhead connector. From the other side of that connector, it's a white/red wire that runs to the trailer tow connector (the ten-pin connector that the 7-way trailer plug connects to).

If you're positive the fuse is good, check for power at pin #1 of the trailer brake controller connector. If you have voltage there, you've got a break in the wiring between the firewall connector and the back of the truck. If you have no voltage at the brake controller connector, you've got a wiring problem back up to the IPM (fuse box)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks for the info. I was surprised to see that fusible links are still in use. I wasn't looking forward to soldering wires. I'm glad it's not going to be a bad fusible link. I'll try your sugestion tonight.

John

Reply to
John