No rear brake or turn signals

I have a 2001 Ram 2500 with the Cummins. I recently had my rear brake lights and turn signals go out on it. I have turn signlas up front, the 3rd brake light works fine, the fuses are all good in the fuse box and the PDC, and the brake lights and turn signals work fine on my trailer harness plug in, oh and the bulbs are good but there is no power at the bulb sockets for either the brake light or turn signal...however there are running lights...any ideas what else to check?

Reply to
aautio1004

If this were an older truck I'd strongly suspect the turn signal switch, now days I guess it's called a "multi function switch".

Reply to
BigIronRam

Even with the front turn signals working though????

Reply to
aautio1004

Yes. The rear turn signals are split from the front turn signals due to the need for brake lamp function.

Not saying it's the switch, just clarifying your question.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

A lot will depend on where the trailer harness/lights are connected. And how connected. On my truck the trailer lights are connected to the rear light harness, and then to relays that connect power from the fuse box, PDC, under the hood. This way the turn signal flashing is not dependent on whether the trailer is connected.

My guess is there is a problem with the connector to rear lighting or a bad ground. According to the Factory Service Manual, there are 2 or more grounds connected to the body and or the frame. I would not think that any connectors have become disconnected.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ