No slack

Just had the tranny rebuilt in my '99 1500 QC 4by and no sooner got it home than the engine started trying to stall when idling. Make a long story boring, after 2 return trips to the shop I bought a OBD code
reader and found the problem showing to the upstream OS (P0132, P0135). In trying to find the plug for that one so I could test for 12vdc I discovered 2 important items. 1. a bent prong in the wiring harness socket and 2. Absolutely NO freakin' slack in the upstream OS wire leads. Makes for a difficult, one-handed replug job atop the tranny. I also noticed the PVC plug cover was very brittle and missing large chunks...like a problem waiting to happen. I assume the leads on the replacement oxygen sensor are a similar length. Gawd, this used to be easier.
Anyway, back on the road for now.
Wolfie