noise when turning

2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk Any one have an idea, I cant see anything loose etc.
Reply to
Dimbo Spams
2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk Any one have an idea, I cant see anything loose etc.
Reply to
GeekBoy
2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk Any one have an idea, I cant see anything loose etc.
Reply to
FMB

Front Wheel drive Sharper the turn louder the clunk and pop CV joints..check for torn boots if so there done for.. damage is done already.

Reply to
Scootter

No CV joints on a HD truck... just an open U-joint (if 4x4). Easy enough to check... jack up front end, turn the wheels, and spin them by hand. If the U-joint is shot, you'll be able to hear/feel it.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence