noise when turning

2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk
Any one have an idea, I cant see anything loose etc.
-- Joe
Wheel bearing?
<DIV>2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles</DIV> <DIV>when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk</DIV> <DIV>Any one have an idea, I cant see anything loose etc.</DIV> <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Joe</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
--
Joe

U-Joints?
Front Wheel drive Sharper the turn louder the clunk and pop CV joints..check for torn boots if so there done for.. damage is done already.

No CV joints on a HD truck... just an open U-joint (if 4x4). Easy enough to check... jack up front end, turn the wheels, and spin them by hand. If the U-joint is shot, you'll be able to hear/feel it.