Not a truck but still a Dodge

Last weekend I did some maintenence on my sister in law's car. It's a 01 Dodge Stratus with 2.4 engine and auto tranny. Car has about 90K miles on it. When changing the plugs I noticed a lot of oil in cylinder
#1. Enough where the plug has to be immersed in oil. #2 was also bad but not as bad as #1. #3 had oil but not much. #4 had no oil on it. My SIL had taken the car to a local mechanic who told her not to worry about it. But I'm not so sure. Does anyone know what would cause all this oil? Car seems to run fine but I don't like her driving it like this. Thanks for any help.
Bob

I am thinking rings or head gasket. Anyone else?

Well..Maybe if the vehicle is spewing out white smoke out the exhaust. I have seen oil get splashed and make it's way into the air intake.

Valve cover gasket is leaking. There are seals around the spark plug tubes that are leaking. The seals should come with the valve cover gasket.