Not idleing

i have a 97' dodge ram 1500 When I turn it on when it's cold it idles fine but when it warms up it stops idleing. It still idles high but once it gets past the warming up stage it
stops idleing low. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do? I don't have the money to take it to a shop. We changed the oil and cleaned the air filter but that's not what it is. Please help Liz

There isn't a lot you can do except take it in to a shop and find what the error code is from the computer. The idle process from cold to warm is controlled by many different sensors but 'usually' is not an extremely expensive fix. The description you give is a bit vague too. What exactly does the engine do when it warms up? Does it just die? Does it idle rough?
Ed
When it warms up and i take my foot off the gas, it dies and I resart it but unless I have my foot on the gas it just dies
Ed M. wrote:

It sounds like the IAC valve is stuck in the full closed position.