NV231 and NP231 Transfer case-Are these the same?

The reason I ask is, I am looking for a replacement front half for my '98 Dakota's NV 231 and have found NP231 parts online. Anyone know if these are the same, at least as far as the case is concerned?

John

Reply to
johncworden

Nosey

Same thing new name, NP (New Process) preceeded NV (New Venture). Not sure what you are replacing as well but be aware of a spline count difference because it could be 21 or 23. Also if you can find a NV231HD it will bolt in. It has a heavier chain and bearings.

TheSnoMan

Thanks for the info.

John

Reply to