OBDII Question

I have a 2001 Dodge Maxi Van with 72k miles on the 5.9 engine. My check engine light is on, and the only code stored is P0601, which indicates a PCM failure. The engine seems to run normally,
transmission shifts normally, etc. I've erased the code a few times by disconnecting battery power, but the code always comes back after just a couple minutes of run time.
This vehicle is normally driven around town, so I've just put repair on hold, but we are now planning a longer trip (Florida to Colorado and return). Is this going to cause a problem on the road? Funds are llimited and I'd prefer to put off the repair if possible.
Any recommendations?
Thanks, Mark

You have a intern memory check sum error in ECM and that is causing code. If you go to the dealer for ECM replacement you will get skinned for sure but you can buy them at places like advanced auto a LOT cheaperand with a lifetime warranty and they are not hard to change either. If you have any mech abilty at all it is not bad at all to do. I would replace it though as you are on borrowed time now. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for the head's up -- and advice. I started reading my owner's manual since my first post (should have done it sooner). Is there any chance that this would be covered by the 8/80k Federal Emissions warranty?
Mark

Yes, if there is a problem with ECM that could effect emissions so it should be covered. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com