Odd fuel mileage phenomenon

2003 Dodge Ram long bed 2500 5.7L Hemi.
Filled up the tank yesterday morning, drove to work and back home, about 11 miles round trip. Later that evening my wife's son took it to
his work and back home, same distance.
This morning, I noticed the distance-to-empty displaying an outrageous figure: More than 550 miles, and the fuel mileage at more than 24 MPG! Owned the truck since new and have never managed more than about 10 MPG city and 16 highway. The DTE has never displayed more than about 320 miles.
What's up with this? Computer glitch? Some fantastic new fuel? A miracle?
Anybody ever seen this before?
-Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

I don't know. I have a 99 Dakota 5.2L, and it pretty much just goes between filling stations... Congrats to you! ;-)
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

Mystery solved. The boy hit the US/M button, so everything was reading in liters, not gallons.
He has been instructed not to push any more buttons in my truck.
-Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com

Many years ago, bought (real cheap) an early '70's 6cyl ford p/u from a guy who was all frustrated by terrible mileage and other issues. Right away I noticed a really low temp gage reading and put in a new 190 degree thermostat. Ran like a champ thereafter. I didn't tell the seller about that, though.
bill