OFF TOPIC! -> new site dedicated to open carry

Page 1 of 2
although this is sure to surprise many of you, i am working on warming up to open carry. im not willing to sacrifice my tactical advantage of concealed
carry, but im trying to warm up to the idea none-the-less.
if you are already familiar with our sister site http://ConcealedCarryForum.com im sure youll find yourself at home on our newest sister site, http://OpenCarryForum.com and i hope to see you there. please share the link and get us off to a good start.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Why not just leapfrog to the next level - Blatant Carry.
That's where your weapon's presence is projected in a way that won't be missed by an inattentive public. Sequentially blinking LEDs direct the eye to the holster. There, menacing chromed spikes, like you'd find on a rottweiler's collar, send a clear message "you'd DAMN well better not fuck with me" to send folks scurrying out of the way as you pass by.
Blatant Carry, along with the biggest baddest bumper that can be bolted to the front of a truck, makes an unforgettable statement about a man.

its not about projecting image. its about protecting rights. im still a bit reluctant to embrace it, but i definately support the RIGHT because thats what it is despite the social awkwardness.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

put in your car, the beer you want to drink! It's all about the right to shoot your wife when she doesn't want to have sex with you, or shoot your teacher because you got a B and you thought you should have an A!

wow...you are an absolute idiot.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:21:50 -0600, Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Give him a break Nate, he is brainwashed and actually believes that if we banned guns, knives, wild animals, hydrocarbons, cigarettes, tobacco, and anything else someone might get killed by the bad guys would actually give up and everyone would get along....
fortunately we live in reality, and understand that if the bad guy is the only one armed there's a problem. Heck I bet he even thinks the police are obligated to protect him and his family.
--
Chris

Well... we've banned drugs. Look how well that's worked out.
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:23:34 -0400, Tom Lawrence wrote:

that's kinda my point! sad isn't it?
--
Chris

your input is dead on. i invite you to share more of it at http://ConcealedCarryForum.com as we have had many similar discussions.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:04:35 -0600, Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Nathan, we were having a chat last night on your chat server. And although I appreciate the invite I am already a regular there =)
--
Chris

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (7/28/2008 2:21 AM):

Yes he is. I lived in two countries where guns are effectively banned. Did it stop the sort of crime mentioned? Nah. They just used knives instead, or a bat, or their car. Oh, and rocks. Can't forget the people that have been killed and injured using rocks. Want to outlaw them too?
And the crime rate wasn't any lower than when I've lived in states that allow carry (whether concealed or not). In fact, it was higher; crime rates have nothing to do with gun laws, at all.
Gaaah. Brainwashed is right. A gun is a tool, like a knife. It's not the gun/knife/bat that's evil, it's the asshole using it inappropriately.
jmc

Nice to see ya back.
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:29:00 -0500, John H. Guillory

You sure have a low opinion of yourself, I can see that what you're doing in this post is projecting what actions you might take if you ever owned a gun. You sure aren't taking about gun owners that are effected by laws.

Swolled?

We are an open carry state in Oregon. Have been as long as I can remember, and then some I'm sure. The nice thing about open carry is that, even with ccw's you don't have to worry about the tip of your hoster sticking out below the edge of your vest and freaking out the simple-minded who think armed, law-abiding Americans are a bad thing. Open carry isn't about egos. It's about availability...access.
In spite of the law you don't see that many people carrying openly here. And the ones you DO see don't fit the profile of your fantasy. They mostly appear to be hard-working people with nothing to hide. No attitudes, no big bumpers. You're safe here, assuming you're not a baddie. ;-]
Wolfie

more and more businesses would have signs on their doors to the extent leave your weapons in your car or don't come in. Over here at least, we have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, and if they come in a place of estalishment with a weapon, I sure as hell would refuse to service them....

good. and just maybe one of them will organize a boycott of your business. youd be surprised how loyal those of us who support the second amendment are. you have the right to refuse service, and we have the right to take our business elsewhere.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

disapearance of their business....

You have a poor business ethic. Alienate customers for no valid, logical reason.