Offset Illegal's Boycot

Page 3 of 4

Not an amendment to the constitution. Read it. There is nothing written that gurantees everyone born here automatic citizenship. They want to make laws.

But since when is 'Mexican' a race?
GeekBoy wrote:

The 14th amendment does just that. You're right though. Not everyone. Children of heads of state are not automatically US citizens because they are not subject to the jurisdiction of the US necessarily.
14th states: All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

People who are not citizens are not under the juridiction of the US. For example if you went to another country to work for a foreign company, you would still be expected under US law to file and pay taxes on those earnings.
A non-citizen is not under the juridiction of the US thus cannot be required or forced to pay US income taxes even thought they may have visited the US once before.

We have had 2 or 3 cases here in central CA (at least that many that the media spot lighted) where the parents WERE deported but the kids had a choice of staying... one guy had been here for like 30 years...
I feel sorry for them, but they bring it on themselves... You;d think that in 30 years he could have found a way to become legal..
Mac

Don't know about him, but I foot the bill for me, and all the "undocumented guests", with my tax dollars...
Like the sign says, I 'DO' work for food....
Mac

<snip> I thought the intent was the illegals would be out in the street and the jobs they perform wouldn't be getting done. I don't see how missing one day of landscaping and tomato picking will have a great effect on the economy, but I'm sure the media will be able to tell me what a great tragedy it is.
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

I live in an ag area and the boycott will cost the farmers big bucks... Why? Because legal immigrants are being forced by political correctness to walk out that day...
Mac

Bro.. I do not understand wtf the problem is! If you or I did something illegal we'd be in deep shit. These people are here and it is illegal for them to be here. Seems pretty simple to me, unass them. Let those who entered the country legally stay, those that didn't and are illegally bye, bye. The ins just hit a factory north of here a couple of day's ago, grabbed 20+ that were illegal and are sending them back. Hopefully they will continue this action
Roy
Roy

The whole thing is stupid, but the organizers or this "protest need to get their heads out of their asses...
They need to do one of 2 things, as I see it:
1. Have only illegals not work, to show the impact, if any, of them not being here..
2. Call it a sympathy walkout and urge everyone to not work..
You can't say that you're showing the impact of Dodges on the hiway and have fords and chevys not drive for a day... it doesn't show anything useful..
Mac
On 4/28/06 9:32 AM, in article Q9qdnadnVvH9qM_ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com,

And if they come back and get caught again, cut a foot off :))) That will slow them down next time
mac davis wrote:

Thats odd because most of the legal immigrants do not support giving illegals an easy free ride. They are not in support of all this BS.

Right... but at least here, there is heavy pressure for them to support other Hispanics... another thing that bothers me, they try to make it a race issue instead of a legal issue..
Mac
William Boyd wrote:

In Mexico they are planning to boycott American businesses to show support for the illegals in the USA. Ironically its the American businesses that are lobbing in support of these illegals. So not sure how a boycott of them is going to help their cause. Further more one of the businesses listed to boycott in Mexico is Sears. Sears in Mexico is entirely Mexican owned and operated.

I'm doing my part! I've deliberately scheduled my new stereo install for Monday, even though it's inconvenient for me.
BigIronRam wrote:

Stereo install? Do it yourself!!

Why? Places like Best Buy will usually install it for FREE if you spend at least $100 on a new stereo.
GeekBoy wrote:

LOL, ya but they sell alot of crap at outrageous prices. The installation is not free. It's buried in the high price you pay. The quality of the installation is crap. I buy my equipment from reputable local independent shops and then install it myself.
miles wrote:

As much as I hate Best Buy I do have to give them credit for doing away with mail in rebates. At least here in the Dallas area. They are the first retailer that I know of locally that had the "balls" to give the discount to the customer on the spot. Now knowing Best Buy they raised their prices to do it. But I do hate rebates.
Bob
Bob M wrote:

I very rarely buy anything with a rebate. I can almost always find it at the same price or cheaper elsewhere without a rebate. It seems to be a 50/50 chance that I ever get the rebate sent to me. Sure I can wait an hour on the phone and argue over where my $20 is but I'd rather avoid the whole mess to begin with. Stores like CompUSA, Circuit City etc. that have rebates on almost everything they sell do not get my business.