oil

I bought a 2002 dodge ram with a 5.9L engine. I do not have an owners manual. Could someone please... look in their owners manual and tell me what the recommended oil is for this truck

thanks a lot

10W30, unless you're in below-zero temps, then 5W30
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:20:57 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Consistantly below zero not just occasionally. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Unless it's the 6 cylinder 5.9L. ;^)
--
Ken

This is likely to start a discussion, but I'm fond of Castrol. My last truck was high mileage, and had a piston rod knock. Castrol was the only oil that quieted the rod knock for more than three days after an oil change.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

The engine seized :-)
"Joseph Myers" < snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com> wrote in message
With castrol, the rod knock was quiet, until the next oil change.
with any other brand, the rod knock returned after about three days after an oil change.
Did that really need explaining?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.