oil

I bought a 2002 dodge ram with a 5.9L engine. I do not have an owners manual. Could someone please... look in their owners manual and tell me what the recommended oil is for this truck

thanks a lot

Reply to
drivemecrazy

10W30, unless you're in below-zero temps, then 5W30
Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Consistantly below zero not just occasionally.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Unless it's the 6 cylinder 5.9L. ;^)

Reply to
Nosey

This is likely to start a discussion, but I'm fond of Castrol. My last truck was high mileage, and had a piston rod knock. Castrol was the only oil that quieted the rod knock for more than three days after an oil change.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What happend after the third day ?

Reply to
Joseph Myers

The engine seized :-)

Reply to
TBone

With castrol, the rod knock was quiet, until the next oil change.

with any other brand, the rod knock returned after about three days after an oil change.

Did that really need explaining?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon